Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quintuple Chocolate Brownies


I must warn you this is not my usual recipe share post.

I could not go without sharing this delicious treat from Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours though.

I loved it so much because you see...

I must confess I am was never a brownie person.

I love my sweets, don't get me wrong.

I have a huge sweet tooth, I can't go without out eating something sweet everyday,

There was about 7-8 mo., when I was pregnant with my first daughter for some reason I wasn't wanting any sweets but that passed, quickly, so much for the second go round,
Yes, that is me with my hubby VERY, very, preggo!

but I am not complaining!

Give me cake, cookies, cupcake, pie, plain ol' Chocolate, whatever I'll take it!

Brownies I will used to be able to say "No" to,

But that has all changed thanks to Dorie Greenspan and these

QUINTUPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES!

Yes, you heard me right that would be 4 times the chocolate

100% Cacao
Semi-sweet
Sweet Chocolate
and
White Chocolate

Ghiradelli style at my house

If you are going to do it, might as well go big right!

and if you can see why I am now a changed woman and love this brownie

then continue on.

For those of you that aren't already hooked...

all I have to say is...
REALLY?!?!!

Come on!

For the rest of you that were like me and hooked instantly please don't lick the screen, refrain if you can. It just doesn't taste as good.

Go and grab Dorie's Baking: From my home to yours now and make your own!!!

These brownies are WOW!

I really don't know what else to say,
Most brownies to me are dry, or even if they are moist they are just lacking in flavor.

These my friends are not lacking in flavor at all.

You get some bittersweet chocolate with rich milk chocolate with nutty flavor with smooth sweet white chocolate on top in just about every bite!!!

AMAZING!!

And they are fudge like!

Definitely not dry, very moist!

So, I have decided that there is a place for sharing a keeper cookbook because if I was out there unaware of such a great resource for great recipes then there may be are others out there
who may be trying to decide which cookbook to buy next
or
not hooked on a great cook ~ Dorie Greenspan~ yet

Trust me, Dorie has her own following
and
I am not getting paid  or compensenated in any way to review or feature this recipe
but I value my money and what I spend it on

and let's face it

Cookbooks are not cheap!

So, I could have found this recipe online
(and honestly have seen other Dorie recipes online)
but didn't become hooked until I was sitting in the floor in the cooking section
at the bookstore
with 5 cookbooks laid out comparing them

and I was so drawn to the pics, recipes, wording, and adventures in
Baking: From my Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

So, since I have found it worth my $40.00 I spent on it, I wanted to share with you that it is well worth it!
and

yes, you can find the recipe here

But it is not the same as having the book in your hands and being able to drool all over the pics and other great recipes in the book!

I will say I did make a few changes to the recipe.

Ready for this:
We are not coffee drinkers in my house.

Like never!

So, I didn't add the coffee to my brownies.

and

Of course I added just a little more chocolate, about an 1 oz. or 2 oz. to every chocolate addition!

and

next time I would whip up the white chocolate/cream mixture a little more to make it more like a ganache vs. a glaze

But it still tasted AMAZING!!!

These may have to become those "special" brownies, like birthday brownies or something, or else they would be in my house too often.

And bathing suit season is coming up,

SO...

Just a Sprinkle of Suggestion

Pick up Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Try these brownies and you will be hooked or try some of the other amazing cakes, cookies, or bars!






Now everytime I look at this face in my house all I can think about is these brownies with all the different colors of chocolate! She even has a dab of chocolate on her face!
Also, come back Saturday for Sharing Sprinkles of Suggestions blog party!


Until Next Time,
Happy Brownie Baking,

I am sharing this suggestion over at:
Tidy Mom
linkparty




                                         

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I have always been a huge chocolate fan. These looks so good. I just bookmarked her recipe so I can make these later. Thanks for sharing! Janae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful recipe, and the cookbook review! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Dorie's baking book so I guess I better get it out, and make these brownies, pronto!

    ReplyDelete